A career in law is not only a rewarding career but also an aspect of life. The possibility for a prosperous professional existence and a chance to make a difference in society are provided by a career in law. After all, life and liberty have their foundations in the law.
A law degree empowers a person with knowledge of many legal issues and increases their ability to respond to the daily requirements of their loved ones, peers, and the larger community.
Create a Difference: Choosing “LAW” as your Career
- The profession of law is a career that has the potential to significantly influence society. Lawyers and other legal professionals can be important in influencing public policy, fighting for equality in society, and providing help to those in need. There are plenty of examples of lawyers and legal communities working daily to make positive social impacts in India.
- The work of human rights lawyers and groups like the People’s Union for Civil Liberties (PUCL) as well as the Human Rights Law Network (HRLN) serves as one such example. These groups have focused on concerns like extrajudicial killings, police brutality, and the defense of marginalized groups like women, children, as well as the LGBTQ+ community.
Why Choose Law? Here are the 7 Reasons Behind it
- Power to bring a positive change: You may influence society in positive ways that are beneficial as a lawyer. While you could be arguing matters for clients, you will always have time to make use of public interest litigation to get your point out on social issues.
- Plenty of career opportunities: Any student of law who completes an LLB degree is eligible to pursue an academic career in law. District courts are an excellent location to start your practice before moving on to more advanced opportunities. With an advanced degree like an LLM, you may also want to look for teaching opportunities at other law schools.
- Growth in professional skills: In a courtroom, the situation gets different. This involves instilling a wide range of professional skills. Over time, a lawyer in practice acquires knowledge, competence, and attitude, ultimately becoming a master of their profession.
- Being financially stable: As a person gets experience and skill in their trade, this is one business industry that delivers a lot of name recognition and fame. Top lawyers profit financially even from a single court appearance. Consequently, it can be asserted that a profession in law gives a sense of financial security.
- Generates prestige and recognition: In society, lawyers have a high degree of respect and a solid reputation. They are the individuals who improve the standards of life for ordinary individuals. Everyone respects lawyers because they have preferably once in their lives rescued them from a legal quandary.
- Choice to create a positive environment: You have the chance to make a difference in society as a lawyer. You are advancing society whether you are standing up for the rights of those who are oppressed, supporting businesses with difficult legal issues, or defending the authors’ intellectual property. It is this sense of personal happiness and significance that distinguishes this field of work.
- Boost your self-confidence: While in court, law students are required to communicate with judges and people of all ages. Furthermore, this field of work necessitates a lot of social connections. So having a profession in law quickly boosts an individual’s confidence.
How to Get a Law Degree?
- To obtain a law degree you must first have to qualify for the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) examination to get a seat in the top law universities to pursue your Undergraduate as well as postgraduate law program. If you feel that you do not have the confidence to study yourself, it is advised to enroll in a CLAT course initiated by different institutes for CLAT Coaching.
- The institutes of CLAT Coaching provide extensive training and knowledge. Many of the faculties in the institutes have extensive judicial experience, which helps in the development of in-depth knowledge of various facets of the Indian Legal System among students.
- Additionally, lawyers and judges from the Supreme Court as well as the High Court are invited to provide monthly guest lectures and serve as student mentors in various institutes for CLAT Coaching.
A career in law could be the best approach to prosperity. The legal profession can give you the resources you need to accomplish your objectives, whether they are personal or professional. Additionally, by deciding to pursue a career as a lawyer, you can take advantage of your skills to improve society, promote justice, and stand up for those who are incapable of doing so for themselves. Apply to the top law schools in the country through CLAT to kick-start your rewarding journey as you take your initial steps toward a successful career in law.