In India, working as a lawyer is regarded as being one of the most distinguished careers. Great social standing, employment security, benefits, and most importantly very lucrative salaries are all advantages of becoming a lawyer. Everyone knows that prominent individuals demand high fees to sign new projects, but we sometimes overlook the fact that lawyers also want high fees.
But given the intricacy of the Indian legal system according to the teachers in various CLAT Coaching institutes, getting to the point where money just comes in like water requires a seasoned, extremely experienced, and well-practiced lawyer. These legal professionals make the most money.
7 Highest Salaried Lawyers in India
Fali Sam Nariman (10 lakhs- 15 lakhs per annum)
- Without a doubt, Fali Sam Nariman is the most well-known and accomplished lawyer in India. He is also a well-known Senior Advocate and Indian Supreme Court judge.
- Fali Sam Nariman is an expert in constitutional law matters in India. In that field, he has established a solid reputation.
- In appreciation of his dedication to the legal field, Fali Sam Nariman was given the 2018 Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award.
- Apart from that particular accolade, Nariman has reaped numerous other noteworthy advantages from other affiliations. His influence and popularity in India grew as a result of all these causes.
Gopal Subramanium (5 lakhs- 8 lakhs per annum)
- Delhi University awarded a degree to one of the richest lawyers in India, Gopal Subramanium. He is one of the most well-known Indian lawyers who serves as simultaneously the Solicitor General of India and the head of the Indian Bar Council.
- He held the post of supplementary solicitor general from 2005 to 2009. He additionally served as the country’s solicitor general and chaired the Indian Bar Council. He took part in several significant cases, such as the BALCO case and Novartis v UOI, and others.
- Additionally, Subramanium was an active member of the Verma Committee, which recommended important changes to the law, especially for women and children.
Harish Salve (12 lakhs-14 lakhs per annum)
- Harish Salve is one of the wealthiest attorneys in India. He is a very popular and well-respected lawyer because he served as the Solicitor General of India from November 1 (1999) to November 3 (2002). Harish Salve is still an active lawyer today.
- In India, Harish Salve is regarded as an authority in a number of legal disciplines. Having handled multiple matters before the Indian Supreme Court, he is considered a mentor by many young lawyers, law students and law aspirants from various CLAT Coaching institutes.
K. Parasaran (10 lakhs- 12 lakhs per annum)
- K Parasaran is one of the greatest well-known and prosperous lawyers in the country. He successfully defended a number of well-known clients in court, including the Hindu litigants in the Ayodhya land dispute case as well as the Nair Service Society in the Sabarimala matter.
- K Parasaran is a graduate of Madras Law College. Over the course of his remarkable career spanning over 60 years, Parasaran has been awarded various honors, particularly the Padma Bhushan as well as Padma Vibhushan.
Mukul Rohtagi (10 lakhs per annum)
- The 14th Attorney General of India, Mukul Rohtagi,graduated from Mumbai University with a law degree and started his legal career. He is among India’s top attorneys.
- His tutor was Yogesh Kumar Sabharwal, who went on to become India’s 36th Chief Justice. Before starting his own practice, Rohtagi first supported Sabharwal at the high court.
- Mukul Rohtagi was appointed principal legal advisor to India’s current Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, however, he resigned from the position to pursue a career as a private attorney.
KTS Tulsi (5 lakhs per annum)
- One of the wealthiest attorneys in India right now is K.T. S. Tulsi.
- In India, K. T. S. Tulsi is a well-known criminal defense attorney. In addition to being a well-known advocate in the Supreme Court of India, he is a politician.
- This is because others generally recognize his skills. He was additionally appointed Additional Solicitor General of India.
C. Aryama Sundaram (5.5 lakhs-16.5 lakhs per annum)
- C. Aryama Sundaram is one of those fearless attorneys who doesn’t hesitate to criticize any government activity that defies the letter of the law. It is said that he is among the wealthiest and most expensive attorneys in India.
- C. Aryama Sundaram made the legal argument in favor of the ruling in the well-known S. Rangarajan case, which produced one of the most significant rulings on Article 19(1)(a), the right to free speech and expression.
Given that law is one of the fields that is expanding these days, picking a career in this field can be among your finest choices. So don’t forget to reach out to professionals from any CLAT Coaching institutes if you need any kind of guidance and knowledge before taking the most competitive CLAT exams.