One of India’s most prestigious court systems is the Rajasthan Judiciary. It is renowned for preserving the rule of law and for rendering decisions that are neutral and fair. In the Rajasthan judiciary, becoming a judge is a highly esteemed and sought-after role. There are certain RJS eligibility requirements that must be met in order to be considered for this role.
The Rajasthan High Court holds a competitive examination to choose qualified applicants for the Rajasthan Subordinate Judiciary’s Civil Judge position. Three parts make up the exam: the preliminary, mains, and interview. Applicants may show up for the mains examination if they qualify for the preliminary exam. The candidates’ combined performance in the Mains Examination and the interview determines who gets selected in the end.
RJS eligibility 2024: Essential Criteria
Maximum age limit for RJS exam:
- To take part in the RJS examination, a candidate must be at least 21 years of age.
- Candidates who fall under the General category may not be older than 40 years.
- There is a five-year age relaxation for candidates for RJS Examination who are women, SC, ST, or belong to the group of OBC.
RJS eligibility for Educational Qualification
As per the RJS exam eligibility:
- Candidates need to have graduated with a Bachelor degree in Law (LL.B.) from any recognized university.
- Candidates are also eligible to take the RJS examination if they are currently in their final year of graduation.
- However, candidates need to have their final graduation certificate before the mains examination if they intend to take the RJS examination in their last year of graduation.
Other RJS eligibility criteria
As per the Rajasthan judiciary eligibility:
- Candidates have to be Indian citizens.
- Candidates must fit both mentally as well as physically for the position of the judge in the RJS examination.
- Candidates need to be ethically sound minded.
Application Procedure for RJS Examination 2024
The application form can only be completed online. You can register on the Rajasthan High Court website for the RJS exam in 2024.
- Go to the Rajasthan Public Service Court’s official website i.e., https://hcraj.nic.in/hcraj/.
- From the menu, choose “RJS Application Form”.
- Enter your name, date of birth, address, and category.
- Add academic information such as 10th, 12th, and LLB details.
- Fill in exam-related information, such as your preferred exam location.
- Upload a current passport-sized photo in the specified size and format, along with your signature.
- Don’t forget to pay for the application fee.
- Enter “Submit” in the application.
- Print off the form so you have it for reference.
Preparation Strategy for the RJS Examination
You can begin preparing for the Rajasthan Judiciary Examination during your college days if you are a law student and would like to sit for it after you graduate. Here are some pointers:
For Preliminary Examination:
Since the preliminary examination is an objective test, it is important to be able to respond to questions quickly and precisely. The following advice relates to the preliminary examination:
- Carefully read the questions. Before you respond to any question, make sure you understand what it is asking.
- Leave a question if you are uncertain of the answer and return to it later when you finally have some free time.
- Don’t linger too long on any one query. Proceed to the next question if you get stuck on a particular one, and if you have time, come back to it later.
- Make good use of your time. Spend less time answering questions that you are not likely to get right.
For Mains Examination:
Since the Mains Examination is a subjective test, being able to write precise and succinct responses is crucial. The following advice is for the Mains Examination:
- Get comfortable writing responses. Writing responses to a variety of question types is the greatest approach to practice for the Mains Examination. As you get ready for the semester examination at graduation, you can practice mains questions.
- Be direct and succinct. You should be direct and succinct in your responses. Don’t write unrelated information.
- Employ appropriate punctuation and grammar. Your responses ought to be properly worded and grammar-free.
For Interview Round:
In the RJS interview round, it’s critical to have the ability to react to questions quickly and accurately. Regarding the interview phase, consider the following advice:
- First of all, keep in mind that your legal knowledge is not tested during the interview phase. Your demeanor, etiquette, and personality will all be examined.
- Take stock of your fundamentals.
- Attend practice interviews to get all your questions answered and to get over your dread of the real thing.
- Recognize your advantages and disadvantages and attempt to improve them.
- Make a list of frequently asked questions (FAQs) and update it on a regular basis.
- You should watch as many practice interviews as you can because they will boost your self-assurance.
- Throughout the interview, you should project confidence and a pleasant attitude.
A fantastic opportunity for law graduates to start a fulfilling career as Rajasthani civil judges is provided by the Rajasthan Judiciary Examination 2024. You can qualify for the Rajasthan Judiciary Service examination if you put in the necessary effort, are determined to succeed, and have a good understanding of how the test is administered. So, get ready, maintain your focus, and try your hardest to achieve your goals!