The profession of lawyer is renowned in India for its contributions to legal reform as well as its alluring compensation packages. The contributions are indisputable, whether they be in the form of battling for the rights of minority communities, amending laws to expedite court hearings for particular cases, or holding important conversations during the enactment of bills and acts.
India is home to a large number of well-known and successful lawyers who have greatly benefited society and served as inspiration for countless youth.
Well-Known Lawyers and Their Characteristics
It is impossible to express their immense accomplishments and admirable traits in one piece of writing according to various expert teachers in CLAT Coaching institutes. Here, however, is a list of five well-known Indian lawyers who have achieved considerable recognition in the legal community.
Characteristics of the Famous “RAM JETHMALANI”
- One of the most well-known and seasoned Indian attorneys, Ram Jethmalani lived a long life and passed away just four days shy of turning 96.
- On September 14, 1923, Jethmalani was born in Shikhapur, a tiny village in Pakistan’s Sindh province.
- At the age of 17, he graduated from Mumbai’s esteemed Government Law College with an LLB, making him the youngest attorney.
- He is well-known for being a trailblazing attorney with numerous accolades. Several adjectives are frequently used to characterize his life and career, including brilliant, controversial, and flamboyant.
- He was erratic, dishonest in politics, and a dimwitted thinker.
- He had held the positions of Chairman of the Bar Council of India and Union Law Minister of India. R. Jethmalani was chosen to serve as the Supreme Court Bar Association’s President in 2010.
Characteristics of the Famous “FALI SAM NARIMAN”
- In 1950, he attended the Government Law College in Bombay to seek a legal degree.
- Fali Nariman won the advocate’s examination and was also given the Kinlock Forbes Gold Medal and the Prize for Roman Law & Jurisprudence.
- He is renowned for having an explosive temper and being extremely impatient when it comes to his juniors. One could be left speechless after a conference with him. He will ask you ten questions in a matter of seconds, and he will scowl if you don’t have a prompt response.
- The judges are frequently intimidated by Nariman’s demeanor. They don’t challenge his legal theories since doing so would make him angry and make them seem foolish.
- He is a thoughtful person who is upbeat and never ready to quit.
Characteristics of the Famous “GOPAL SUBRAMANIUM”
- Gopal Subramanium is a 56-year-old senior attorney who works at the Delhi High Court and the Supreme Court of India.
- He is referred to as the “king of controversy.”
- From 2009 to 2011, he was our nation’s Solicitor General and the Chairman of the Bar Council of India.
- Mr. Subramanium was one of the Supreme Court’s youngest designated individuals in its history when he was assigned as a senior advocate in 1993.
- In 2009, the Indian President presented him with the National Law Day Award for Best Jurist in recognition of his continuous pursuit of professional excellence during his time as an advocate.
Characteristics of the Famous “SOLI JEHANGIR SORABJEE”
- Bombay was the place of Soli Sorabjee’s birth on March 9, 1930.
- “The Brahmin without a sacred thread” is how they refer to him.
- He writes a lot and is an excellent lawyer. He writes about the protection of human rights, freedom of speech and expression, and constitutional law. In addition, he has authored numerous books, essays, and articles that have also been published for the same.
- Mr. Sorabjee supports the right to free speech and expression. In numerous well-known instances before the Indian Supreme Court, he actively participated in the revocation of publishing prohibitions and censorship decrees.
Characteristics of the Famous “NANABHOY PALKHIVALA”
- Mr. Nananhoy was born in Bombay on December 16, 1920, and passed away on December 11, 2002, leaving his mark on the passing of time.
- Despite having a terrible stammer, he was an excellent student and a committed learner.
- The Judge is equally astounded by his remarkable capacity to make his case seem so clear-cut and compelling.
- Without having a single piece of paper in front of him, he learned all of the figures, quotes, and various other details that he uses in his talks by heart.
- The government, scholars, and institutions held him in the highest regard.
Teachers in various CLAT Coaching institutes often say that law is a profession that plays a significant role in the administration of the justice system, making it a vital aspect of society. It is such a marvellous profession that recommendations from single lawyers to individuals, corporations, governments, and other organizations are highly appreciated.
Therefore, being a competent lawyer according to various experts in CLAT Coaching institutes is increasingly important as crime, as well as commercial business operations, rises. It also remains an unsaid truth that finding an exceptional legal professional who is able to represent your interests and objectives is extremely challenging in this overcrowded industry.