Rules, a code of conduct, timings, a grading scheme, and numerous more instructions are covered in the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) guidelines. To ensure a smooth examination, candidates taking the CLAT examination are urged to carefully read and follow all instructions for the exam day.
The COVID protocols and the Code of Conduct are the two types of CLAT guidelines that every CLAT Coaching institute alerts you during your CLAT preparation process. If you breach any of the consortium’s mentioned rules and regulations, you are not permitted to take the examination. You can also be subject to a fine or punishment for violating these rules and regulations.
General Instructions: CLAT
- Every institute for CLAT Coaching advises that, on the day of the exam, you must bring your CLAT admit card and any of the other forms of identification issued by the government for validation. If not, you may not be able to take the examination.
- Any changes to the examination center listed on the admit card are not going to be taken into account.
- At least an hour before the exam, you have to arrive at the examination center.
- After the fifteenth minute of the examination’s commencement, you will not be permitted inside the examination center.
- Your mobile devices should be turned off and left at a suitable location.
- You are required to present a SAP (PwD) certificate if you make use of the scribe.
- Within the direction of the invigilator, you need to sign the admit card.
- If you find out that you copied, received, or assisted others, you will be eliminated from appearing for the examination.
- Before finishing the examination, you are not permitted to leave the examination premises.
PWD Candidates: Guideline
- Candidates from the PwD category who wish to take the CLAT exam must find their own Reader, Lab Assistant, or Scribe and inform the regional supervisor.
- The reader, lab assistant, or scribe should have a level lower qualification than those taking the test.
- Additionally, candidates must bring their PwD certificates with them to the examination center.
Code of Conduct: CLAT
- Before departing from the examination room, be careful to write the roll number on the upper left of the rough sheet and hand it to the invigilator.
- If you are found to be either copying or assisting others, you will be eliminated from taking the exam.
- Do not bring electronic gadgets into the examination center.
- Chatting should be avoided in the examination room.
- Administrators of the center, enough cleaners, and security personnel equipped with face masks and gloves will all be there at the examination center.
- You should thoroughly sterilize all testing facilities and disinfect all equipment.
- There will be enough hand soap and hand sanitizer in all of the testing facilities’ restrooms.
- If you test positive for COVID and are being monitored by a physician or placed in isolation, you will not be permitted to take the exam.
What to Carry inside the Examination Room?
Every CLAT Coaching institute keeps you vigilant so that you carry the right documents to the CLAT examination hall. They are:
- CLAT admit card (bring a self-attested photo if your photo is not clearly visible)
- A government-issued ID
- Ballpoint pens in black or blue
- Transparent water bottles
- Analogue watch
- A face mask (you might have to take it off for inspection).
What are banned inside the Examination Room?
- Food products
- Anything metallic
- Mobile phones with Bluetooth, headsets, cameras, microphones, fitness trackers, and other electronic devices are prohibited.
- Goggles, handbags, wallets, belts, and any other stationary items are prohibited.
The examination staff will consider it offensive if you are found in the examination room with the items on this list and will take unjust action against you.
Rules for Misconduct: CLAT
First off, you are urged to avoid creating any disturbances at the examination center. If you are discovered behaving inappropriately in the middle of the exam, you are liable for your misconduct.
Any one of the following violations will result in your immediate disqualification:
- Use any restricted items that are in the hallway.
- attempting to emulate or imitate someone.
- acting inappropriately during the exam.
- Using the nomination in the incorrect manner in any way.
The following circumstances would result from the unfavorable outcomes:
- Elimination from the examination right away or immediately.
- Disqualify either temporarily or permanently from the selection process.
- In the event that the rules are not adhered to throughout the selection process, disqualification will still be invoked.
Instructions to Fill the OMR Sheet: CLAT
- Read the instructions that are on the OMR sheet carefully. Any precise instructions or requirements specified should be followed.
- Fill out the OMR sheet using a blue or black ballpoint pen. Other colors might not display on the scanning device.
- Find and match the code of the OMR sheet with the code of the question paper.
- After that, fill in the circle after marking your response, making sure there are no scattered marks or partially filled circles. Fill the bubble with a single, continuous stroke.
- Just one answer should be chosen for each multiple-choice question. An inaccurate result could be obtained by circling more than one option.
- Ensure that the specified bubble is appropriately darkened for the scanning device to recognize it. An empty bubble might not display.
- Check your OMR sheet once you’ve finished each section or the complete examination to make sure the answers are entered accurately and match the question numbers.
- Maintaining precision and cleanliness when filling out the OMR sheet. Stay away from making random marks or spots that can obstruct scanning.
- The CLAT OMR sheet should not be folded or stapled. To ensure proper scanning, leave it flat and unharmed.
- Keep an eye on the allotted time for every single section. Make sure you allow enough time for the OMR sheet so you can accurately fill in your answers.
- When the exam is finished, submit your OMR sheet together with any other necessary documentation as directed by the examination invigilators.
- The OMR sheet’s edges should not have any further writing, your name, or other markings because this could hinder scanning.
For a seamless and effective examination procedure, it is essential to follow the CLAT examination day directions and guidelines. All candidates must comprehend as well as comply with these directions. All the best for your exams!