The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is an entrance exam to get admitted to the top law national universities in India for undergraduate and postgraduate law programs. It is an extremely competitive exam that requires thorough preparation and familiarity with the syllabus, the exam pattern, etc.
Eligibility: CLAT 2024
- There exists no upper age limit for the CLAT UG Programme.
- Anyone who has passed the 10+2 exam or an equivalent exam is entitled to apply for the CLAT 2024 exam.
- For eligibility in General or OBC or PWD categories the applicant should have a minimum of 45% in aggregate.
- For eligibility in SC or ST categories the applicant should have a minimum of 40% in aggregate.
Note: The applicants who are taking their 12th grade exam in March or April 2024. At the time of admission, such candidates must provide evidence proving they passed the 12th-grade exam. Candidates who fail to produce the documents will lose their admission rights in any NLUs through the CLAT exam.
9Steps Registration Process: Register Now!
- Check the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) website for the application form for CLAT 2024.
- Fill out the required forms, such as your name, phone number, email address, and password, by clicking the “Registration” link twice.
- A pop-up window for number validation will display on the screen. To activate the account, enter the generated OTP and click the “OK” button.
- Then use the mobile number you registered with and the password to log in. After selecting the UG 5-Year Programme for LLB, click “Apply for CLAT 2024“. To confirm, a pop-up window would display.
- Upload the necessary documents, such as your scanned passport-size photograph, your scanned signature, and your scanned copy of the category certificate (if applicable), to complete the process of registration.
- Next, enter your name, contact information, qualifying examination information, preferred test location, and reservation. After agreeing to the Declaration, submit the form.
- After submission of your application, you can now make changes to your form in the editing box.
- Then start updating the preference of NLUs in the order of your own choice.
- Then Click on the “Make payment” option visible on the screen. A confirmation via text and email will be sent to you upon the payment of the CLAT Exam fees. For your reference in the future, keep a copy.
Keep your Documents Handy: Register for “CLAT 2024”
- A scanned formal, recent, front-facing, passport-sized photograph, preferably with a white background (up to 500 KB in JPEG file), is required.
- Your scanned signature in white paper (20-50 KB in JPEG format)
- Your scanned “Category Certificate” if you belong to the OBC, SC/ST, PWD, or BPL category in pdf format in not more than 2MB.
Fee Details: CLAT 2024
- The CLAT 2024 application fees for General, OBC, PWD, NRI, PIO and OCI categories is 4000 rupees only.
- The CLAT 2024 application fees for the SC, ST, and BPL categories is 3500 rupees only.
Mode of Examination: CLAT 2024
The CLAT 2024 will be held offline, and there will be 120 questions on the examination encompassing five different sections. They are-
- The section on English language
- The section on General Knowledge & Current Affairs
- The section on Legal Reasoning
- The section on Logical Reasoning and
- The section on Elementary Mathematics
How To Prepare? Here Are 5 Crisp “TRICKS”
- The first and foremost trick is to understand the curriculum and the examination pattern. This will enable you to make the correct preparation procedures.
- The second trick is to make a strategic plan to study according to the schedule on a daily basis. Offer every subject and topic enough time to be covered.
- The third trick is to evaluate your preparation and pinpoint your strengths and shortcomings by solve sample papers posted by multiple institutes for CLAT Coaching on their online website.
- The fourth trick is to take as much as mock tests as you can before the main CLAT exam. The institutes for CLAT Coaching help you in providing multiple mock test series to assess yourself. Mock tests are a great way to practice for real exams and polish your time management abilities.
- The fifth trick is to keep abreast of recent legal and social developments. This will assist you in answering questions on general knowledge, current affairs, and legal reasoning. It is advisable to get connected with experienced mentors from different CLAT Coaching schools to guide you in a more tactical way by keeping you updated and clarifying your doubts as and when required.
The CLAT exam is slightly challenging and requires extensive preparation. You may boost your chances of qualifying for the CLAT exam by adhering to the eligibility requirements, admission procedure, and tips for preparation. Keep in mind to practice regularly and with concentration, and to remain composed and confident while taking the examination. All the Best!